Sunday, May 08, 2011

Two Thousand Words

I remember an old Peanuts cartoon from when I was a child.  In the cartoon, Sally was standing before her class at school.  She says, "I've heard it said that a picture is worth a thousand words.  Our assignment was to write a 2000 word essay."  Then she holds up her paper and says, "What we have here is a couple of pictures."  I don't quite remember how the comic strip ended, but I'm sure that that did not go over well with Sally's teacher.

The point of all this rambling is to tell you that in lieu of a 2000 word blog post, what I have here is a couple of pictures.


The carnation corsage my son brought to me in church for Mother's Day.  After church, he took me to lunch at Pizza Inn. He wanted to go to a place called No Way Jose, but I hadn't had time to research it, so we didn't go. 


And the 2011 Anniversary Mystery Shawl. I'm almost through with clue 1. I only have 10 more rows to go, but right now I'm torn. The lace is calling my name, but the bed is calling it even louder.

I think the bed is going to win this battle.  

No comments: