Saturday, May 07, 2011

The Loot

We have this one conveyor at work, and it has a sharp edge on it where two sections don't quite line up right. I've pitched a big enough fit that they've finally fixed it, but not after I'd ripped holes in two of my pairs of jeans.

Because of this, I was down to two decent pairs of jeans, so I headed out to Batesville this morning to get some at the outlet mall. After driving all that way, the 2 minutes it took to get my new jeans seemed a bit brief, so I hung out and shopped a bit.  I went to the Wal-mart up there, to see if they had anything different from the one here (they didn't), and ran into a co-worker there.  He commented on the new work shirt I had in my buggy, and I said, "Yep, I drove all this way up here just to buy one shirt."

Well, he drove all that way to buy his Mama a Mother's Day card.

Not really, on either count.  He'd had to take his car up to the dealership up there, and was hanging out while they worked on it.    Now on to the loot...

OK, I didn't take pictures of my blue jeans, but I'm sure you all know what two pairs of blue jeans are gonna look like anyway.  But this is the rest of what I bought. 

I got Squeaky a new kitty toy, but she wasn't too thrilled with it.

"You don't seriously expect me to play with that thing, do you?"


I got some new Teva Sandals to wear when I'm walking the dog.  I had a pair of these years ago, and flat out wore them out.  I've been wanting another pair ever since. 


I found some boots very similar to the ones I'd been wanting, and they were half the price, too.


I need to wear boots or high top shoes to work, because I've developed the bad habit of standing on the sides of my feet.  Plus, they're just cool. Boots, are, I mean.  Not my feet. 

After I left the outlet mall, I went to Wal-mart, where I found this yarn.  I don't remember seeing this colorway here, so I picked up enough to do a hat and matching scarf. 


Yes, it is Red Heart, and no I don't have a problem knitting with Red Heart.  I kind of like it, in fact.

I have no idea where these came from or how they got into my buggy.  Um, moving right along...


I ended up putting the work shirt back.  It was a simple scrub top, but the thing is, I've kind of been getting the urge to break out the ol' sewing machine again.  I haven't sewn anything in ages, but I used to really enjoy it. I know I've still got tons of patterns, and there's a pattern for scrubs in our Wal-mart. So, I'm going to sew me some.

But first, I've got to get a table. Yes, I've been in this house for what 4, 5 years now, and still don't have a kitchen table.   I have good intentions, but you know what they say about good intentions.  I really do need to get a table, though.

Squeaky says, "I'm still not going to play with this thing,"

No comments: