Saturday, March 28, 2009

Blocking Woes

Since Saturday is the day I normally wash my sheets, I decided to take advantage of the empty bed and try to block my Mystic Waters shawl.

I wasn't too sure about this. I thought the bed would be too small to fit the shawl on there. Sure enough, I hadn't been pinning very long when I realized my suspicions were right. The bed wasn't big enough, even pinning the shawl diagonally.

Still, I pinned it out as best I could, even though one corner hung limply off the side of the bed.

When I unpinned it, the unblocked corner wasn't all that noticable, but I think I will save up for some blocking wires and blocking boards and re-do it. The shawl turned out big, and surprisingly warm for something so light and airy looking.

I'm sitting here seriously trying to think of something I can wear to church tomorrow.

Something this shawl will go with.

In other news, I received some donations for the blankie!

I was able to get a few more squares done, and add some mini-skeins to the bouncing bag I started. Right now, there's only three people signed up for it, but maybe I'll get a few new yarns out of the deal.

My T.O. jerseys arrived the same day the yarn did.

Real jerseys. Not the cheap Wal-Mart version.

They were on clearance for only $13.00. I got one that will be traveling to Hawaii soon. It should be in the mail on Monday.

And finally, your Photo of The Day:


Iris, my back yard. March 24, 2009

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

very good

ezequiel said...

www.elultimodelanoche.blogspot.com

very good

Tammy said...

Wow! Amazingingly beautiful! Great work!

But no comment on the T.O. jersey. ;)

Becky G said...

Thanks Tammy!

Opal said...

gorgeous shawl! good job!

i bought my blocking mats from wal-mart. they were in the kid's department. the cost was about the same as getting it from knitpicks + shipping. the only thing is that they're in these awfully bright primary colors. rather blindingly bright. but they do the job!

chuckieknits said...

that shawl is lovely! makes me want to make one like it..remimds me a bit of a maze

Steve said...

I still don't get your obession with T.O. He reminds of Dennis Rodman is behaving on The Apprentice!

Bonnie said...

Your shawl turned out lovely! You did a beautiful job.

Patch said...

Dang, that scarf looks professionally made! It's like perfect...

Becky G said...

Thanks, Ya'll.

Steve, I'll get back with you on that one!

tubgood said...

Nice!

Welcome to visit
http://astore.amazon.com/httphearthrate-20