Friday, January 18, 2008

Looky What We Bought!

I bought the yarn to make Cody's hat. It is Red Heart Grey Heather.


I let him pick it out himself. Now, my stashalong goals say that I can buy yarn once for every two months of knitting, provided the purchase is less than what I used up. So far, I've knit approximately 500 yards of yarn up this month, and still have until the end of February to go! I am well ahead of my goals for this two month period. I am really tempted to cast on his hat, and he is anxious for me to do so, but I am only half a sock away from winning my Super Bowl! I won't quit now. I've turned the heel, and will pick up the gusset stitches before I go to bed, so maybe I can get the sock finished tomorrow.

Cody bought the dogs a real treat:


They are both enjoying it very much, and one or the other has been gnawing on it since we brought it home. We had a bit of an accident with it. As we were taking the bone out of the package, we dropped it on Rylea's head.

Poor baby.

(Try really hard to ignore the unfolded clean laundry on the couch, and the bits of stuffing from Rylea's Mousie all over the floor. They will be cleaned up. Eventually.)

3 comments:

Sus said...

Poor Rylea! I'm sure she took it like a trooper. As for the stuff I'm supposed to ignore -- I have no idea what you're talking about as my blinders are already firmly in place just from living in my own home.

Isn't it so cool how making these goals and rules for ourselves make it so exciting to get just one skein of basic yarn? Seriously, we should all be more appreciative of simple pleasures like that. I love it!!

Opal said...

Haha! Poor Rylea's head!

Good on you for sticking to your diet! You're doing a fantastic job!

Becky G said...

Yeah, she took it like a trooper, but she acted like she was afraid of the bone for a few minutes. As you can see, she got over it.