Friday, October 26, 2007

Knitting Update

Yeah, it's been a while. First off, this is what I did last week:

I had a bit of extra yarn, so I tried my hand at dying with food colors. This is what it looks like skeined up:


Unfortunately, I was using a partial ball of leftover wool, so there's not really enough to do much with it. There's just under 50 yards here. I might be able to get a small hat from it. I'm going to try to find a top down pattern. That way, I can just knit until I run out of yarn.

You remember the other day when I had the blahs? I said I was going to cast on something new to pull myself out of my funk. Well, this is it. Tidal Wave socks using TOFUtsies yarn. I swatched, because I've never used this yarn before, then knit the cuff of one sock.


That's all I've done on it. It must have worked, because I've spent most of today working on my prayer shawl. It'll be done soon.

I'm glad, because it's getting kind of tedious.

That's about it from the world of knitting.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Beautiful yarn!
I love knitting the Tidal Wave socks, they knit up so fast.