Friday, August 31, 2007

Sundries

67%How Addicted to Blogging Are You?






Mingle2 - Dating Site


I suppose if I had more time to waste spend on the computer, this number would be a bit higher. (Via Buck)


Time for a WIP update. I've actually been pretty productive since my last update, and my list is now as follows:

1. Yukon Leaves socks. This is the sock that has been languishing on the needles the longest. I'm making good progress on them. The yarn is Austermann Step in Dune.


2. Columbine Peaks Socks. This pattern is from Cat Bordhi's book Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles. No progress on this one as of yet.


3. Garter Rib socks. A little progress on these. I'm not feeling the love here, but they are an obligation, so I'll keep plugging away at them.


4. The Jaywalkers. DONE!!!


5. My charity scarf for Scarves From the Heart. DONE!!! However, I have enough of this yarn left to make another scarf just like this one, so you can expect to see another of these in progress soon.


6. Cody's Texas Longhorns scarf. No progress, but now that football season has started, maybe it'll put me in the mood to work on it.


7. Cubs for Kids charity knit. Teddy bear sweater. DONE!!!


8. A Prayer Shawl. This one had to have about three inches ripped back after an unfortunate encounter with *sigh* puppy teeth. I'd made good progress on it, too.


9. Two toe-up socks on magic loop. Still no progress on these.


10. Branching Out lace scarf. No progress on this one, either.


11. Mindless stockinette sock in cotton. I'm still considering ripping this one back. There are too many really cool patterns out there to be knitting boring stockinette. On the other hand, it is good to have a mindless project to take to waiting rooms, band concerts, etc.

Grand total: Three items finished. Still on the needles: five pairs of socks, two scarves and a shawl. And in the midst of all that, I finally finished the August mid-month dishcloth. Just in time to start the September one. This adventure just reinforced how much I dislike knitting cables in cotton.


So that is my knitting update for now. It looks like I'm going to be spending my holiday weekend fighting a head cold. On the bright side, I have a legitimate excuse to do nothing but watch football and knit!

Oh, and I bought a pot and some soil to re pot my begonia. It's been a week and it hasn't died yet. I looked up begonia care on the net, and found everything from "begonias are hardy and tough to kill", to "begonias are delicate and need tender, loving care to survive." I guess I'll just have to do what I think is right. And this, from someone who managed to kill a cactus...

1 comment:

Sus said...

It looks like you're making some good progress, you managed to finish a couple of thing off! Yay!

Sorry about your cold -- that's a bummer. But I'm totally with you on the football and knitting plan. Good times.

Oh, and name a plant -- I've killed it. Good luck with the begonia but I can offer no advice, sorry.