Thursday, August 04, 2022

Well, I'll Be!

No one is more shocked than I am.  The plumber actually showed up!  

Well, he sent some employees, who apparently thought I just had a clogged up sewer line.  When I showed them the actual pipes and they saw what was going on, however, they called the owner and told him the whole thing would need to be dug up and replaced.  They'd have to bring the track hoe and dig back several feet and see how bad the damage is, but from what they could see, the sewer line had been "smooshed" right there where it joins that cleanout thing.  

Before they can even get started, they are going to have to call 811 to make sure there are no buried cables or anything like that -- which is just a formality since there isn't anything there, but it is a legal requirement -- and he said he hoped they could get it fixed tomorrow afternoon.  

I told him I'd be at work, but they could come whenever they got ready.  He didn't need to call and check first or anything like that.  I said, "It needs to be done, so just do whatever you need to do."  He also said it would be about $500-$700 -- which I hope will make it an expensive enough job they'll actually come back and do it.  We shall see. 

Maybe, just maybe, I can finally rid my yard of that giant sinkhole!  

In other news, I finished the hat.

I really do like beanie.  It's got enough pattern to be interesting, but not so much I can't knit while watching TB, and would probably appeal to both men and women.  At least, I don't think it's so frilly a man wouldn't wear it.  

Hmm, I wonder how it would knit up in a variegated yarn...maybe in camouflage colors.  I'll have to stash dive and see what variegated yarns I have on hand.  I'll be sure to keep you posted. 

And finally, someone stole Jody's safety glasses right off his face.  

I don't even know what to say.  

3 comments:

Amnicon Studio said...

Hooray! A plumber! Hopefully it goes smoothly from here on out.

Poor Jody. I have to laugh. I wonder if anyone wore the glasses on their shift.

Becky G said...

Probably. They make all this PPE mandatory, then act like they don't want to give us any. We're limited to one pair of safety glasses every six months. If someone lost his pair, he could have very well taken Jody's and worn them rather than pay the $15 (ish) they want for a new pair.

Amnicon Studio said...

Unreal. Though I guess I can understand that they don't want to be replacing glasses ALL the time.