Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Just Like That

No more overtime.

Just like that.

Third shift supervisor Josh had asked me to come in early to help get the new line up and running.  Apparently, he had also asked half the plant to come in early to help get the new line up and running.  And it would seem that he didn't clear it with the production superintendent first.

When the aforementioned production superintendent saw all those people in the plant, he was not pleased.  The result of his displeasure is that he nixed all our overtime.  And I do mean all of it.  I don't even get my two hour set up and partial pick up time any more.  

Supervisor Calvin told me not to be mad about it.  I said, "I'm not mad, I'm just stressed because  I am having all this dental work done, and without that overtime, I don't know how I'm going to pay for it."  Calvin told me to hang in there.  Sooner or later, something will come up and he'd be able to get me a few extra hours.

On the plus side, when the second shift supervisor asks me to stay late, I can get many of those hours back.  Second shift is usually very short handed on the weekends, so he almost always asks.

On the plusser side, I get to sleep now.   It's been so long, I've almost forgotten what sleep feels like.

On the plussest side, you get blog posts again!  I know you're thrilled.  I actually had a post mentally composed for yesterday, but after working a 12 hour shift, I had to run to the store.  I briefly thought about coming home first, but I figured that as soon as I got here, I wouldn't want to leave again.  So, I went straight from work to get the few little things I needed.  When I did get home, as I was unloading my groceries, I looked at my front yard and said to myself, "Self, you need to get that grass cut before it gets out of hand."

As soon as I got my groceries in the house, I went back out and cut the grass.  The last thing I did before coming inside was to plant the new little plants I bought.


These are called Portulaca. Wal-mart still doesn't have any zinnias, so I'm thinking about going back up to Lowe's this weekend to see if they have any.  I need some topsoil anyway, to start filling in some of these holes and low spots in my yard.

And I got me a little tomato plant.  


This is a variety cultivated to be grown in containers, so I thought I'd try it.  I hope to get enough tomatoes for a few tomato sandwiches this summer.  Then I took a picture of my dahlia that is finally blooming.


Anyway, that is what I was going to post yesterday, but by the time I got finished doing all that, I was too tired.  I just took a bath and went to bed instead.

Now, we'll just see how long this no overtime thing lasts...

No comments: