Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Sealing Wax

I've wanted one of these for years.  I mean, literally, years.


I was browsing Amazon and found one, with the wax sticks.


As I was debating whether to buy it, I looked in the right sidebar and it said, "Order within the next three minutes and get it by Wednesday".  That was all it took for me to hit the Buy With 1-Click button. 

All day long, I was anxiously awaiting the end of the day, so I could rush home and play with my wax seal.  But what to seal?  I didn't want to just drip it on paper, so I had the idea of signing, then sealing up a bunch of Christmas cards.  That's what I did. 


 Yeah, it's going to take a bit of practice to get it down.   The main thing is figuring out how much wax to melt, and getting the stamp centered.    Other than that, it's a piece of cake, and so much fun!


I think next time, I'll get the kind with the little spoon to melt the wax in.  I think it'll work better than the kind with the wick.  At least you don't get ashes in your seals.  I'm already looking to get some different stamp designs, too.  Yggdrasil* came with the set, so it's the one I got. 

The good news is, I may actually get Christmas cards sent this year!

Oh, we had a bit of excitement at work today.  One of my coworkers got arrested at lunch.  I didn't know what had happened to him, and mentioned that he'd left. 

"He didn't leave," the lady I was talking to said, "He got busted!  The cops nabbed him at lunch.  They were waiting at the door for him."  I asked someone else what that was all about, and she said, "He got caught selling drugs on plant property."

What is wrong with people?  I mean, selling drugs is bad enough, but you can't wait until you get off work to do it?  I have the same reaction when they catch people having sex on plant property.  Seriously, what is wrong with you people? 

The good news is, I've got buds on my roses.  It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so maybe Friday I can get out and take pictures for you.

*Yggdrasil is the tree of life in Norse mythology. 

No comments: