Monday, October 31, 2016

Painting


If I ever decide I want to paint over paneling again, somebody just shoot me, K?

When I started this project, I had no idea how much work was involved.  First you have to sand the finish off, then wipe all the sawdust off with a damp rag before you even begin to think about painting.  And in my case, I had about a bajillion nail holes in the wall to patch.  I was tired before I even started.

Then you have to cover everything with drop cloths.  I said my bedroom was dressing up as a mummy for Halloween.


The next thing is, you have to paint all those grooves between the panels by hand.


Oh, the grooves!  The grooves!  I'm going to have nightmares about those grooves.  Five hours it took me to do two walls.  FIVE hours.  I don't think I'm going to be able to move tomorrow.

I got two walls painted, but one of them still needs a second coat.  Fortunately, the second coat goes much faster than the first coat.  But by the time I got done with the first wall, putting the second coat on and all, I was plumb knackered.  I'll put the second coat on the other wall tomorrow after work.  I really wanted to get the wall in the picture completed so I wouldn't have to move that big, heavy dresser again.

But when all is said and done, I think I'm going to like this color.  Oh, by the way, once I started painting, I found at least a dozen more holes in the wall, but by then, I just didn't care any more.  I keep telling myself that this is just until I can save up enough to get the paneling pulled down and replaced with new drywall.  I'm still going to paint it the same color, though.  It's not as blue as it looks on my monitor, and goes with my comforter very well.

Yes, I know I have a smudge of paint on my door frame, but I'm going to paint over it anyway, so it doesn't matter.

The bad news is, I didn't get any trick or treaters.  Not one.  I guess that means I'm going to have to eat all this Halloween candy myself.


Or maybe that's good news.  He he he...

Anyway, I'm going to bed, but before I go, I'll leave you with my traditional Halloween Prayer:

From Ghoulies and Ghosties 
And long legged beasties
And things that go bump in the night
May the Good Lord deliver us.





No comments: