Saturday, July 16, 2016

One Of Those Murphy's Days

You've heard of Murphy's Law.  Just in case you haven't, it states:  Nothing is as easy as it looks, everything takes longer than you think, and whatever can go wrong, will.

Sometimes, I have whole Murphy's Days.  This was one of them.  Everything that could go wrong, did.  Seems it all started on second shift last night.  The plant ran out of some vitally important part.  As a result, second shift was required to skip several large orders that required this vitally important part, and move on to parts that required a different vitally important part.

By the time we came in this morning, the plant still hadn't received a shipment of this vitally important part, so we also had to skip several orders.  What this means is, our component areas were way behind, so we spent most of the day waiting on parts.

To add insult to injury, stuff kept breaking down.  First one machine, then another, then yet another.  As if that weren't enough, when I went to wash my hands after answering nature, I discovered that I'd cut my hand.


I have no idea when or how that happened.  It's especially weird because we wear gloves at work, so the window in which I could have cut myself was very small to begin with.

And the last biting moment of the day, I had to stay late.  Just 30 minutes, but still.  I have a life you know!  I've got TV to watch, and air conditioning to sit in, and tomato sandwiches to eat!

Then I got to come home and mow.  Yay!

I did take a moment to try and get some photos of the crepe myrtles.


Did you see the bumblebee?



The best part of the day is, they fed my line lunch because we ran more than 600 units yesterday.  At least I didn't get hungry.

But now, I'm going to bed.  2:45 came awful early this morning.

No comments: