Wednesday, March 23, 2016

It's HERE!!

It's here!  It's here!

I wasn't expecting it until Friday, but I got a surprise when I got home from work today.  My lawnmower is here -- two days early!  I'm really glad I didn't spring for the expedited shipping, because I got it delivered the same day for free. 


I was so excited that I was going to mow this afternoon.  Then I remembered, I don't have any gas.  I started to siphon some out of my car, but it's got that anti-siphon mess on it.  I didn't really want to go back out to get gas, so I'll get some on the way home tomorrow, and mow on the weekend, like I'd originally planned.

For now, I rolled it into my shed, and contented myself with reading the owner's manual.  


Isn't it beautiful? 


Where else can you get a lawnmower mailed to your house, for free, and it gets there early?  I love this country!!!

Not quite as exciting, but I finally got my cabinet hung in my bathroom. 


I was going to hang it last weekend, but when I got it out of the box, I discovered that you had to buy the mounting hardware separately.  Sigh...

I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get it exactly centered over the sink, but at least Cody can see to shave when he comes home.   Now, I just need to get some crown molding and have the new door hung and that bathroom will be mostly done.  I need to put some decoration stuff up, but I haven't decided what.  I'm thinking lighthouses, to go with the nautical theme I've got going in there.

Last but not least, I gave the little girl preemies equal time, and knit a pair of pink booties.


I never heard back from the original lady who needed some for her preemie son, so all these will go to charity. 

I'm trying to think of something to call my bootie business.  Something in memory of my nephew Nathaniel, who was born at 24 weeks and weighed 1 lb 2 oz.  These booties would have swallowed his tiny feet, so that's my next quest.  Figure out a pattern to make booties for babies whose feet are only an inch or so long. 

At least they will have something better than doll clothes to dress in.

No comments: