Sunday, February 28, 2016

Nerves

My nerves have been absolutely shot here lately.  I work with one of the most helpless, pesky, whiny, lazy human beings ever created.  I swear I haven't heard my name called so many times since my son was 2 years old.  More than once, I've been tempted to ask her who wipes her bottom for her after she's been to the restroom.

My nerves are so shot that I was walking through Wal-mart and saw this.



I was sorely tempted to buy it, but I didn't.  I just wasn't too sure about adding another pill to the medley I already take every day.  It's all different kinds of vitamins, but still...

James is coming by sometime this evening to pick up his plants.  Yay!  I was glad to plant sit them, but I'm glad they're going home.  And I only killed one of them.  Double yay! 



I'm finally making a little more progress on the house.  Cody will be home for spring break in a couple of weeks, and I wanted to get some curtains for his room before he gets here.   He's got blinds on this window,  but they still let in a lot of light.


On that big window over his bed, there was only some of that stick on stuff that made the glass opaque.  In late afternoon, the sun comes blazing through that window, so brightly it would blind you, even through the shading stuff.  He's a pretty heavy sleeper, but he'll sleep better with the room darker.  Plus, it has the added benefit of blocking some of the heat. 



Anyway, I wanted to get curtains, so once I got my tax return back, I went to Wal-mart to see what they had.  Since this window is so wide, it needed 4 panels.  The other one takes two.  That blue is the only ones they had 6 panels in stock.  I thought that would work out, since it would match the blue edging on his bed spread.  After I got home, I discovered that the edging on his bed spread is tan.  Story of my life.

No matter.  I'll probably end up moving these to my bedroom once I get it painted and stuff.

Speaking of, I was originally planning on just painting over the paneling.  I'm not so sure, now, though.  It's go so many screw holes and pin holes, and spots where it looks like someone hit it with a hammer.  I'm wondering now how hard it would be just to take all the paneling off and putting up drywall.   One of the maintenance guys at work does that type of stuff, so I'm going to ask him. 

I know I just bought a new nightgown, but heck, I bought another one. 


This is what I bought for myself out of my tax return. 

I've also been knitting.  I cast this hat on this afternoon.  It's the same pattern as the last hat I made, only this time, I'm using wool instead of acrylic yarn.


This is some I bought the last time I went to the now closed Hank of Yarn.  It's Cascade 220 and the colorway is Autumn.  It has brown and dark green kind of heathered together.  I think it's going to be really pretty.

In the midst of my writing this, James showed up to get his plants.  In the end, he only took three of them, because that's all he had room for in his truck.  He said I could keep the rest, except for one that was his daddy's.  I'll keep that one for him until they find time to make it back this way. 

Their youngest granddaughter is expecting a little girl in July, so I expect they can stop by on the way to Tennessee -- when the baby comes. 


No comments: