Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day

Mother's Day.

I have every intention of going to church.  I got up at 6:00 and let the dogs out.  I lay back down, thinking they would wake me up in a few minutes wanting their breakfast.  Nope.

I woke up at 9:45, looked at the clock, and said, "Whoa".  I must have needed that sleep.  The downside of that is that I slept through church. 

I pretty much sat in front of the TV all day, which is exactly how I wanted to spend the day.  Cody and I ran into town to get him some new shoes, and while we were there, he picked me up a bouquet of flowers for Mother's Day.



Then he bought me dinner.  He gave me the choice of where I wanted to eat, and you know me.  I said, "Let's go through the drive through, then go home and watch a movie."  So, that's what we did. 

Like I said, that's exactly how I wanted to spend my day.  

This morning, Cody started work at the plant with me.  He was really excited about it.  Can't you tell?


It's his first regular job, and his first taste of the real world.  The evil mother in me is chuckling with glee.   He'll have two days of orientation and training before he really starts working. 

I showed him where I worked, then took him back to the break room for orientation.  My friend said, "Who was that guy walking with you?  Was that someone you know?"

I should hope so.  I gave birth to him.


No comments: