Saturday, April 26, 2014

Just A Couple Of Things

I am a Southern Baptist.  Been one all my life.  I was born Southern Baptist, raised Southern Baptist, and unlike my siblings, I've remained Southern Baptist. 

As a good Southern Baptist, I am a teetotaler.  Barring the occasional bender with NyQuil, I've never had an alcoholic drink.  I do, however, have a thing for -- of all things-- wine glasses. 

I love 'em.  I love the way they look.  I love the way they are shaped.  I love the way they feel in my hands.  So, when I saw a couple on clearance, I just had to get them. 


That is Sprite in that glass.  Well, technically, it's the store brand version of Diet 7-Up, but it's the same thing.  Technically...


Sometimes at work, I get accused of having an attitude.  I won't say who is accusing me of that  *cough*GroupLeaderFernando*cough*, but suffice it to say, I sometimes get accused of having an attitude. 

Today, I decided I would solve that problem.  I stuck a label on my jelly bean jar and took it to work with me.


"That ought to work,"  Group Leader Fernando said. 

When I showed them to The Other Rod -- Not To Be Confused With Former Group Leader Rod-- he said, "I need all of those!"  Parts Stager Edna read the label, laughed, and walked away saying, "I love this girl."

Apparently, they work, and not just on me.  Fernando was getting a bit of an attitude, so I picked up my jar, and without a word, poured some into his hand.  He stopped grumping and walked away, munching on jelly beans.

It was a rough day.  It must have been.  He came back for more.

Twice. 

No comments: