Saturday, November 30, 2013

Proud

Y'all would be so proud of me.

Remember that skirt I make waaaay back in August?  The one that I hadn't hemmed because I hate hemming so much?  Yeah. Well, guess what!  I hemmed it.

Today.

Don't judge me.


I told you I hated hemming.  I wouldn't have even done it today, except that I wanted to put the sewing machine away for the Christmas season.  Yes, it's been in my kitchen since August.

Don't judge me.

In other news, I got the first fingerless mitten finished.


 But I only got this far in the second one before I realized that I would not have enough yarn to finish the it. 


My options are

1) Make a flying trip to Southaven to buy another skein, and finish the mitten before Christmas
2) Set these aside until next year, and get Nathan something else for this Christmas, because surely I'll make it up to Southaven sometime before next Christmas
3) Make him some solid black mittens and hope he doesn't notice that they don't really match the hat.

I'm leaning towards option 2. 

In the meantime, I started putting up the tree.


Cody hung his family bell ornament first.


"How old is this?" he asked.

"I bought it the year you were born," I told him.


"So, it's 20 years old", he said. 

I bought myself one, too, but managed to break mine several years ago.  A pox upon me for a clumsy lout.

I've been meaning to replace it, but I just haven't found a bell I like.

Finally, y'all would be proud of me.  I went to Wal-mart today and didn't buy any candy. 

I'm regretting that decision now.

No comments: