Friday, March 15, 2013

Good News, Bad News, And Eye Candy

First, the good news.

Long time readers of this blog may recall last September I got a wisdom tooth cut out.  The day I went to the oral surgeon, I had to pay $450 up front before they would do the surgery.  Then they'd bill my insurance, and either bill me or refund the difference.

A couple of weeks ago, imagine my shock when I got a bill from them for $650.

I did a little investigating, and found that they had billed the wrong insurance company.  So, I called the office and told them what I'd discovered.  They tried to make out like it was my fault, but I distinctly remember telling the receptionist that I had new insurance and giving her my card.

No matter.  They refiled, and yesterday I got a refund check for $245.  Woo hoo!  

Now, the bad news:

I got my paycheck today, and they had shorted me an entire day's pay.  I went up to HR, and they are going look in to it.  Someone probably just made an error in entering the information.  Believe it or not, even in this day and age, they still do it manually.  Whatever the reason, it'll probably take like 3 weeks for me to get my money.

Good thing I got that refund from the dentist, huh?

And finally, the eye candy:




Brass!  A friend sent me some brass casings so I can get started reloading for my new gun.  I've still got to get the stuff to go inside them, but hey, this is a start!

No comments: