Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sporks and Alexander

I was there at school, eating my cheesecake.

I had three of those little cheesecake tarts to eat with my lunch.  I ate the first one, and it was so creamy, and grahamy and good.  Then I threw my fork away.

I started to eat the second cheesecake, and realized that I had no fork.  I got up and went to the rack near the drink machines.  You know, where they keep the salt and ketchup and stuff.  They have a container of sporks there.  I got a spork and ate my second cheesecake.

Then I threw my spork away.

I started to eat my third cheesecake, and realized I had no fork, nor spork, neither.  I got up to the rack and got another spork, and ate my third cheesecake.

Then I woke up to the sound of driving rain, and spent the rest of the day trying to figure out why I kept throwing my spork away.

And I went to work in the rain, and somehow managed to set off my own car alarm.  Then I got to work and tumped over my lunch cooler, and that's when I realized I'd forgotten to put a drink in my lunch.  Fortunately, I had picked up a couple of dollars before leaving the house, so I could get a drink out of the machine.

I got halfway across the parking lot and had to turn around and go all the way back to my car, because I'd left my coffee in the car.  I was just glad it was in the car, and not on the kitchen counter at home.

By this time, I was starting to feel a little like Alexander, and it wasn't even 7:00 AM yet.  I wish I could say that things got better, but they didn't.  The day just went downhill from there.  The only redeeming thing was a new episode of The Big Bang Theory.

And that I have a new appreciation for sporks. 

No comments: