Saturday, March 24, 2012

Eggies!

We got off work a little early today, so when I got home, I took my handy dandy bucket of gardening tools out and worked some more on the trees in the back yard.  I've gotten the plum trees mostly cleared of poison ivy and honeysuckle-- at least as high as I can reach. 

So I started on the pear trees.  There I was, yanking away at the honeysuckle when all of the sudden my production came to a screeching halt. 


And there will said production remain halted until such time as the baby birds are able to leave the nest.

I'm going to try to sneak out and get pictures -- well, I'm going to try every day, though I don't know if I'll make it every day. I just hope I didn't rattle the mama too much and she abandons the nest. I tried to drape some of the vines I'd cut off back over the branches the way they had been, so that the nest was a little more sheltered.

We'll see. It'll be exciting to see if they do hatch. I've never watched baby birds hatch, except for when we had chickens, of course. Usually the nests are way too high.

This is going to be fun!

No comments: