Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Darning Socks

Yeah, I had to darn a sock today. I found this huge hole in the heel of my Texas Longhorns sock while I was doing laundry.



It was simply too massive a tear to fix, so I darned it, which in my case means saying "Darn it!" loudly and emphatically as I tossed the sock into the trash. I'm a bit irked, as I've only had these socks a few months.

Then, as I was waiting for Cody to get done with band practice, one of my earphones blew out, so I had to listen to the rest of Talkin Cowboys with only one ear. I'm a bit irked about that, too. I've only had my MP3 player about a year, and I've already gone through three sets of earphones. I'm not rough on them either.

Sheesh, what a depressing day. I'm going to bed.

Cowboys


I feel better now. But I'm still going to bed.

4 comments:

Ruth said...

hope tommorow is a better day for you

Becky G said...

Thanks, Ruth.

Kristen said...

Hey, Becky! I like your style of darning! I hope it was a store bought sock, because handmade socks last much longer.

Becky G said...

Kristen, nope. It was handmade--one I cast on while watching the University of Texas play in the Fiesta Bowl this January. That's why I was so upset about it.