Sunday, July 26, 2009

Stormy Sunday

I woke up this morning to doggie diarrhea on the carpet. To make matters worse, said doggie had stepped in said diarrhea and tracked it down the hall. To make matters even worse, the as yet unmentioned cat had tried to bury said doggie diarrhea, thus thoroughly grinding it into said carpet. Once I'd finished scrubbing carpet, it was too late to make it to church, and by that time we were in the midst of severe thunderstorms anyway. It was a nice day to stay home and knit.

I did a couple more pattern repeats on the sock. The leg is 7 inches long now, which is about how long I like them, so I'm ready to start the heel.


I took this picture to show you my progress on the scarf.


As I was taking the photo, I noticed that I was almost to the end of the first skein of yarn. I decided to set the sock aside and finish out that skein and attach the second one. So I did.


Now it's back to the sock...


After two weeks of being on Lactaid, I'm pretty sure I really do have lactose intolerance. So, I decided to try Digestive Advantage.


The advantage to this one is that I only have to take one pill a day, instead of taking a pill every time I eat something. Today is my second day, and the directions say to begin reintroducing dairy on day three, so I've spent the last two days completely dairy free. I did buy some soy milk to drink while I was getting this into my system, and it is awful. Ok, it's not so bad if you put a lot of chocolate milk mix into it, but I'll be glad to get back onto real milk.

Training camp starts Wednesday. Well, they are having an opening thing Tuesday night, but workouts start Wednesday. The Hall of Fame Game is in two weeks. Yay! And I finally finished my Bob Hayes post, but will publish it on the day he is inducted. Just in time. Told you I was a terrible procrastinator!

.

7 comments:

Steve said...

Doggie diarhea, lactose intolerance, and being a cowboy fan ... priceless! ;o)

Patch said...

Or you could try Silk's chocolate soy milk, it's pretty good. I agree that the plain soy milk is an "acquired" taste.

Anonymous said...

Hope I don't start a firestorm, but did you know that soy products, except for tofu which is fermented, can cause hypothyroidism? If the soy is not fermented, and most of the "US" soy is not because that takes time, soy interferes with your thyroid function and slows it down. If you consume soy on a regular basis, stay under 25g a day for all soy consumed. And certainly think long and hard before giving it to your children.

Becky G said...

Steve, remind me again, how many Super Bowls have the Browns won?

Patti, I started to buy that, but decided it wouldn't go so well with my breakfast cereal! Just for drinking, though, I would prefer it.

Leslie, I did some research, and found a lot of articles claiming that soy causes hypothyroidism. HOWEVER, none of them were by actual doctors, and none of them cited any evidence supporting their claim. The articles I found that were written by those actually in the medical field, state that the evidence does not support this.

Steve said...

Ha, ha! I don't need my team to have won Super Bowls to gain my love and affection. I love them for who they are! ;o) And does World Championships count? If we're including them before they changed the name, they've won the most championships ... HA!!!

Becky G said...

I don't NEED my team to have won Superbowls to gain my love and affection either, but it sure is sweet to have FIVE rings.

Opal said...

what an awful way to wake up. /shudder


love the sock.

go cowboys!