Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Shrine

Patti asked the other day where my Dallas Cowboys shrine was. Well, here you go.


It's on the top of my computer desk. Here is a closer view of what is in the shrine:


We have the Felix Jones autographed helmet, a nerf football, Terrell Owens and DeMarcus Ware, a magnet, a keychain, stitch markers (that you can't see) and Roger Staubach's autobiography. There is also a football shaped lunchbox that I bought on clearance.


The other side contains decal, silver and blue tinsel, and silver and blue ornaments You can barely see the corner of the silver balls' container just behind the tinsel. And a blue Cowboys cap.

On my second place karate trophy is the white hat. Now, bear in mind that this shrine does not contain the t shirt, the four jerseys, and the jacket. Those are in the closet. Oh, and on the wall is my calendar.

Now, before you go, I want you to scroll back up to the first picture and take note of the mountain scene painting on the wall. That was painted by my older brother many years ago. He gave it to our dad, and after Dad passed, I asked if I could have it. I always did like that painting.

.

2 comments:

Patch said...

Thanks for showing your collection! The football lunchbox is actually kinda cool...if one is a football fan I mean; I've never seen anything like that.

Now what you need for your collection is a photo from the 50 yard line inside Texas Stadium during a game; as well as a photo with Mr. Simpson, er, Mr. Romo.

Becky G said...

You're welcome. I hope to add a couple more items to that collection before football season starts. OH, and the Cowboys no longer play in Texas Stadium, more's the pity, so that photo won't be possible.