Sunday, May 04, 2008

Photography Course Lesson 3

I ran into a bit of a snag on the first assignment of Lesson 3 in the photography course I'm doing. The lesson covered different types of lenses, and what can be accomplished by using them. The first assignment was to take the same picture using both a wide angle lens and a telephoto lens. Since I only have one lens at the moment, I skipped it and went to assignment 2.

This assignment was to take two photographs of the same thing--one with a shallow depth of field, and the other with a much larger depth of field. So I got my little Dr. Pepper cans out and set them up. The first picture went well,

When I set up to take the second, I didn't get it quite focused.

But before I could refocus and take a second shot, the wind kicked up and sent my cans tumbling to the ground.

Undaunted, I found some rocks and pressed on. The first photo: F 5.6 Shutter speed 1/50


and the second: f-36 Shutter speed 1 second:

That was about the extent of my meaningful activity for the day.

4 comments:

Knit and fall back in it said...

I think I like the pictures of the rocks better than the DP cans anyway, so it doesn't matter that they were uncooperative, does it?

Becky G said...

Thanks. I think they turned out better, too.

Bag Blog said...

i kind of like the cans better, but both sets are interesting.

Becky G said...

Thank you Lou.