Friday, September 07, 2007

A Couple Of Stumps

This one I cheated on. I actually worked on it for about three lunch breaks instead of just one.

A tree stump, drawn from imagination.



Another kind of stump, my group leader Johnny. Every day I look at the back of his head, as he sits with his feet up on the desk eating his lunch. Every day I think, "if I were any good at drawing people, I could sketch him." Finally, one day I could no longer resist. I told myself, "don't draw a person. Just draw each shape you see." This is what I came up with:



He wouldn't hold his head still, but the rest of him I think looks pretty good.

I thought this story sounded odd from the very beginning. What kind of parents go off and leave three children under the age of 4 alone in a hotel room?

.

No comments: