Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Yesterday's Post

Or, rather what would have been posted yesterday had it not been for the news of my cousin's untimely death.

Man, I should have stuck it out and finished the game! Dallas vs. Carolina, that is. It was 21-14 Dallas with 5 minutes left to play when I went to bed. A few minutes later, I hear Cody tapping at my door. "Mom, Dallas won 35-14." They scored two touchdowns in the last five minutes of the game, one of them on a pass interception. And I missed it!

Cody got kind of mad at me this morning. I always tell him when he gets in the shower, "get in, wash, and get out," but he never does. He stays in there until I yell at him to get out. I told him one day last week that I was going to just leave him in there and see how long it took him to get out. I might even leave for work with him in the the shower. Today, I did just that. He got himself out just before I left for work. He was fussing at me for not telling him it was time to get out, using the excuse, "I don't have a clock in the bathroom!" I told him he didn't need a clock. If he just got in, washed, and got out, it wouldn't take that long.


The washing machine repairman didn't show up again today. I'm going to have to call them back and see what's up.


That was about all I had planned to post. Just for the record, Cody got out of the shower much quicker this morning.



Now on to today's news. It is Halloween, but we don't do much for Halloween around here. Cody is adamant that we not celebrate it. He says, "It is a holiday born of pagan devil worship." Well, we don't do things that glorify death, like ghouls, zombies, and morbid things like that, but I still like having pumpkins, kitties, and things like that around. We didn't carve a pumpkin this year, but I still put out my fake, light up pumpkin:




And we watched It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. One is never too old for those great holiday classics.

In Cody's social studies class, they were discussing the origins of Halloween, and they began discussing some more modern customs and such, and things that are good and bad. The teacher said that a kid knocks on the door and you give him candy, that is good. But if you spray him in the face with shaving cream, that's not good. Then he told them that Colgate shaving cream is best for that because it shoots farther. The students protested, saying, "You just told us that was wrong."

Mr. Mat replied, "Well, if I'm going to teach you, I'm going to teach you how to do it right!"

No wonder the kids all love him.


1 comment:

Mathieu said...

Dam*

I already love him too