Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Bits and Pieces


A drawing in progress. It is a dog's eye from the beginner lessons at Drawspace. Frankly, DAUB just isn't cutting it. So I went back to Drawspace and have started doing some lessons from the website. This is the same person who wrote Drawing for Dummies, and the lessons are really fun. It's good to be drawing again. I'll be sure and post the finished product when it gets done.

Scarlett has managed to keep her meal down for 48+ hours now. This is good. She still hasn't pooped yet, but I'm hopeful she will sometime tonight. Either she hasn't or I haven't found it. I'll try feeding her again Saturday. It'll be another head, and if she keeps that one down, I'll very slowly work her back up to full sized meals.

I don't know what Larry Dreher said to sensei, but he lit a fire under him. Ever since sensei talked to Mr. Dreher last week, he's actually been PREPARING James and me for the test. He's been letting us do sai basics while the rest of the class does upper body basics. Tonight after basics, he divided the class up into groups to do punching/blocking drills, and worked on two-man basics and kusanku bunkai with us. After class, he taught us bo/bo kumite. That's a really fun thing. I'll have to teach it to Cody so we can work on it at home.

2 comments:

Karen Bodkin said...

Hi!
I just wanted to tell you that I wrote about you today at BlogHer. Great job learning to draw!
Thanks and here is the link: http://blogher.org/node/9541

Becky G said...

Karen, thanks for linking my blog! Drawing is a little slow right now due to other things going on, but I have another in progress. Hmmm, I suppose I should post it.